The Skinny: March 11, 2018
Headlines & Sunday Announcements
Saturday, March 17 / 9am-1pm
We love to see a few hundred folks come through our doors each week, and we’re honored that they call Warehouse 242 home. But with activity comes wear and tear. This is where you come in!
Join us for bagels, juice and coffee at 9am to kick-off our annual Building Beautiful day! We’ll swing some brooms and paint brushes, change some light bulbs, and show some love to this building that serves us so well.
Sundays, March 18 and 25 @ 8:30am / The Blue Room
Loading Dock is our class designed for those people ready to consider Participating Membership and want to know more. Far from being a rubber stamp process, Loading Dock is designed to give you the information you need to answer three core questions:
1. Do the mission, vision, and core commitments of Warehouse quicken my pulse?
2. Do I share Warehouse’s beliefs about the essential theological stuff?
3. Am I ready to dive in and be an active participant in the mission?
Loading Dock provides information about who we are, what we believe, and what we expect of our Participating Members. This class will meet from 8:30-9:45am on Sunday, March 18 and Sunday March 25 upstairs in the Blue Room. Childcare will be available, so sign up today!
April 27-29 / Valle Crucis Conference Center
Gather with other women of Warehouse for a weekend away from our normal Charlotte hustle to slow down and spend time together exploring the ideas of refreshment, revival, and restoration. Our speaker, Dawn Woods, will take us through the Bible to hear God’s word on these necessary components of vibrant wholeness. While Dawn will speak in a large group setting, there will also be opportunities for small group discussion and plenty of down time to relax, laugh, and get to know each other!
Early bird pricing of $165 is available now through March 31. After that the price goes up, so get in now and save some cash!
We don’t want finances to stand in the way of someone being able to experience this, so we do have scholarship opportunities available. If you’d like to learn more about that, email Melissa King.
Friday March 30, Saturday March 31, and Sunday April 1
- On Friday we’ll come together at 7PM for Tenebrae — a night of original art, music, and spoken word that marks the last moments of Jesus’ life on earth.
- On Saturday our building will be open for a 12 hour prayer vigil. Sign up to come at any time during the day to pray for yourself, our city, and our church.
- On Sunday, we celebrate true joy in marking Easter — we will re-examine the story of Jesus’ plan to rescue us from a broken world. Afterwards we meet in Freedom Park, Shelter #6, for our annual community picnic. Bring a picnic lunch for you and your family, along with any yard games you have!
Stuff You Should Know
ASHLEY PARK AND WEST CHARLOTTE/ WAYS TO ENGAGE
Sundays, January through March
During the Winter months, Warehouse 242 engages with Room in the Inn as we seek to provide our most vulnerable neighbors with food and a warm place to stay with dignity. There are ways for small groups as well as individuals to get involved. From providing meals as an open table experience, sharing in each other’s stories wherever natural, to picking up supplies, to spending the night, there are opportunities for anyone. Join us in providing radical hospitality on Sunday nights. Sign up HERE. For more details or questions, email Kristin Randles.
> Link your Harris Teeter VIC Card to Ashley Park PreK-8 School. They need to be re-linked each school year!
> Join the care team: In partnership with Center City Church, Warehouse is committing to care for the staff and teachers in many creative ways!
> Become a Reading Buddy to a kindergartener! The commitment is each Wednesday from 11:30-12:15 at Ashley Park. The first step is campus pre approval and then signing up for Active Reading Training. For more information email Marc Dickmann.
>Donate items for the Ashley Park Greater Enrichment Program. Drop them off in the barrels at Kids Check-In and in the arena.